Is Instagram part of your marketing strategy? In the coming weeks, I will be covering Instagram marketing and what you need to know to up your Instagram game. You might be wondering why use Instagram for my marketing strategy. When Instagram was formed, it was mainly for people to follow their passions and keep in touch with friends by posting photos. Now, it has grown to be a place for entrepreneurs and brands to reach and engage with their communities.
Let’s start with 10 current statistics and what you need to know to target the right audience for your brand. The following statistics come from Social Insider’s 30 Instagram Stats You Need To Know To Target The Right Audience In 2019.
- As of January 2019, there are 500 million daily active stories. You can promote your products and services or engage with your community through this feature.
- 80% of Instagram users live outside the US, but most users came from the US. Brazil is ranked second, followed by India and Indonesia.
- Instagram users share 95 million posts per day in the form of photos and videos, and is growing.
- Instagram ranked first for viewing photos in February 2019, according to Statista, over Facebook, Snapchat, Pinterest and Twitter, in that order.
- Video posts are getting 38% more engagement than photos.
- Posts with at least one hashtag get 12.6% more engagement.
- 83% of Instagram users discover new products on Instagram and decide whether or not to buy a product or service after seeing it on Instagram.
- 33.8% of the 1 billion Instagram users are between 25 and 34 years old.
- Instagram has the highest engagement rates of all social media platforms at 2-7% of users interacting with each post.
- Photos with faces get 38% more likes than photos without.